A few things to ponder in readiness for the season:
- Decide which fibre wad cartridge you’re going to use this game shooting season and arrange a few practice sessions in order to get used to them.
- Ensure you have plenty of cartridges at home in readiness- the RB Gun Room will be happy to assist with an order if needed.
- Did you service your gun??? There’s still time!! You don’t want to be the person in the line whose gun jams on the first shot.
- It may be worth checking if the Tweed Fairy has shrunk your breeks over the Spring /Summer – it could be embarrassing on the 12th! If so, a visit to our Country Store will make sure you're kitted out.
- Will your Shotgun Certificate be valid through to next February? If not, you will have problems. Check your renewal date now, and if yours is coming up, allow plenty of time for your local Firearms and Licensing Department to process the application.
- Have you booked your days yet? For single guns to whole teams, check out our up-to-date Roving Syndicate list HERE or call Gordon or Ben on 01491 672918 and they will be more than happy to assist you.
- Has the time come to upgrade your gun? We currently have an immense stock of brands in the Gun Room, so call Alastair on 01491 672914 if you wish to discuss options.
- Finally shooting is meant to be enjoyable - book yourself some lessons between now and 12th August, as you will have far more fun over the whole season if you are confident and comfortable with your gun.
I look forward to seeing you all soon,